We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Helicopter


The farmers around us are trying to get on with things after the floods.


The farm across the road that lost $300 000 of corn 3 days off harvest had to get the helicopter in to get a new crop in.


The ground is still too wet to do it with ground machinery.


The chopper carries a big bucket to spread the seeds


Lucky they came while there was a break in the weather- good for 2 little boys to watch and good as the seeds will be well watered in with all the rain we have had since.

4 comments:

Tan Family said...

All I can say is, "Wow...". Thanks for sharing this.

Lisa said...

Wow, that is fascinating! Never heard of such a thing. I so love the things we learn by reading great blogs! Thanks.

Lisa :)

The Magic Onions said...

How terrible for them... 3 days off harvest! But, a good lesson for us in accepting what's happened and carrying on... they lost their crop but they are already replanting!

Anne said...

My two little boys would of loved to have watched that too...:)