We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Leonardo da Vinci

Continuing on our journey through the Renaissance years
we have been busy doing lots of art and lots of swimming in the hot weather we have been experiencing.

I gave the boys a free choice when it came to Leonardo,
Mr10 built some of Leonardo's amazing machines.

They both chose to do a copy of the Mona Lisa

Mr6 wanted to use his watercolours and I think he did a fabulous job all on his own.

Mr10 is much more a traditionalist so chose to use his oils.He looks rather comfortable here mixing up his colours.

We loved learning about Leonardo and spent a full week,
he was such an amazing man.

2 comments:

Kez said...

I love the idea of making some of Leonardo's machines. Did he follow anything or just make it up himself?

Louise said...

Hi Kez, we do have a book about his machines that includes plans, and I have seen other online.