We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Michelangelo

Wow,
we are learning about some truly amazing and inspiring men at the moment
- perfect role models for my boys.

The wonderful Michelangelo has amazed us with his stunning sculptures and paintings. Mr10 is most impressed by the diversity of talents and skills mastered.

My boys are used to their mad mother and her 'weird' requests ;-)
so I asked them to climb under the table and paint the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

They could feel some of the challenges faced by Michelangelo in the four years plus that he took to paint the chapel. Paint dripping onto them, the difficulty of holding up your arm and looking after palettes and water jars. I use old shower curtains as messy mats for all the messy activities we do inside, we have 3 of them and they are so handy, I can just peg them onto the clothes line and hose them off when they get dirty. It was also a lot of fun as they lay there painting listening to me read them a book about Michelangelo's life.Mr10 chose to do a mother and child,
oh and can you tell he is rather fond of castles?

1 comment:

Kez said...

hehe - I love the ideas you come up with!a