We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Great Alpine Road

We have been looking forward to this leg of our trip.
Getting up way up high and seeing the Victorian Alps.
I love the winding mountain roads
although the road signs were a little scary.
We met some majestic giants.
Alpine Ash or Woolybutt
Eucalyptus delegatensis
it grows only between 900 and 1450 metres, where the ground is cold enough from weeks of snow for its seeds to germinate.
Seeing these signs gave us an insight into the driving conditions up here in winter.
I was glad we had a sunny day
Well it was a sunny day down below,
and the boys loved being up in the clouds,
it was really windy and the clouds were blowing over the edge of the road.
The plants were so tiny and hardy up in that harsh environment at the top of the ridge,
and the views spectacular.

No comments: