We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

NOW


I read this chain over at http://whichname.blogspot.com/ and thought it might be a good way to summarise what is happening or me right now- If you like to do the same please post a link in the comments and we can read what is happening with everyone.

Making
:
a start on packing
Cooking :
low carb mini cheesecakes
Drinking :
water
Reading:
The Life of Pi, the novel by Yann Martel and Raising Freethinkers- Dale McGowan
Wanting: to know where we will be living next. DH is finishing university and applying for jobs all around the country.
Looking:
seriously at everything in my life- is it really necesary?
Playing:
with art materials making some altered books.
Wasting:
time and energy wondering where we will moving
Sewing:
an owl pillow was my last project on the seing machine, Mr10 and I made it together.
Wishing:
DH could get a fabulous job in town and we could stay here
Enjoying:
homeschooling my darling boys
Waiting: for these 4 years of living apart every week to come to an end.
Liking:
the big bunck of lilliums DH gave me last week
Wondering:
where will we be living next
Loving
: my darling husband and my fabulous boys- and my life
Hoping: the move is not too daunting for any of us.
Marvelling: at how much stuff we have accumulated over the last 10 years!
Needing:
more book boxes
Smelling:
fresh country air
Wearing:
barefoot, shorts and a sleveless top
Following:
my instincts
Noticing:
how much my boys are growing up
Knowing:
homeschooling is the best option for my family
Thinking:
about leaving our home
Bookmarking: websites with inspitational ideas- the list is very long
Opening: boxes that have been stored for the last 2 years
Giggling: with the boys at old pictures of them
Feeling: very happy with who I am and what I am doing

3 comments:

Nicola said...

lovely list! i am new to your blog but already see a theme...i am so sorry you are likely moving from a place that is clearly a dear home to you. out of curiosity, you sound british. are you?
thank you for visiting my blog. not sure how you found me, but am glad you did!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Louise said...

Hi Nicola, thanks or dropping in- I am not British but Australian and love visiting new blogs.

Anonymous said...

Making : A fuss over my children after 2 days at work.
Cooking : Carrot and pineapple cake
Drinking : Lots of water and soda water
Reading: Your Brain on Music by Daniel Levitin (again)
Wanting: A midnight snack but resisting for the sake of a good sleep.
Looking: fab
Playing: with my new baby notebook PC
Wasting: not, wanting not.
Sewing: an urge that comes over me about once every two years
Wishing: Louise's DH could get a fabulous job in town and they could stay there.
Enjoying: homeschooling my darling girl and boy
Waiting: for the arrival of VIPs next week - Jenni and co :D
Liking: my cute li'l laptop.
Wondering: If my friends are OK. They lived in Samoa for five years with their children and have friends back there.
Loving: my family
Hoping: The news from Samoa isn't as bad as it looks so far.
Marvelling: At my dd's passion for horses.
Needing: nothing I don't have.
Smelling: Not too badly - I showered this morning :)
Wearing: brown sandals, long black pants 3/4 sleeve turquoise top.
Following: Louise's blog - captivating, inspiring, relaxing and beautiful.
Noticing: now our light has finally been fixed, how many cobwebs are hanging from our ceiling. :o
Knowing: happiness comes from within
Thinking: Of going to bed sometime soon
Opening: some T-shirts I received that I'd ordered for my daughter and Brother-in-law. Very cute and funny.
Giggling: At those whacky T-shirts and the cobwebs hanging from our ceiling
Feeling: relaxed and happy after a working "week" (= 2 days)

Thanks Louise - that was fun!
Kathy (TRP)