We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 7 - Owls

Mr10 reading to us

We made some paper bag owls


Mr10 working on his lapbooka peek inside his lap book

always making something
this is his recycled bird feeder he made to hang outside his bedroom window.

Mr10 and I made an owl cushion- here he is cutting out the pattern.

and here is our owl



This is the first snake of the season
It was a beautiful baby red belly black snake
It was near Mr6
It was shyly hiding
It was alive before Mr6s dog decided it was too close to him
Poor little snake
We have plenty of snakes here and they are a fellow creature we share our land with-
we admire them if we see them
we know they will be around and are careful
if we see one we give them plenty of space.
We are sad Miss Meggy got this one.

4 comments:

Kez said...

I love owls.. Not so keen on the snake though :(

Joanne said...

That owl cushion is fantastic! The baggie owls are cute too.
Your boys evident love of what they do makes me wish I'd come to homeschooling when mine were younger.

Anne said...

I love owls too.

and I love owl pillow too..:)

But I don't like snakes! Well I like tame diamond pythons lol!
we live next to a bush track so it will an interesting summer up here...
Im scared of the brown snakes up here.

5 orange potatoes said...

Love the owls! What a great pillow. I'm not afraid of the snakes around here in Ohio (not venomous), but I think I would be afraid of some of those venomous Aussie snakes!

I love the creativity of those kids of yours!

Lisa