We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Creative Blogger Award

Thank you to the lovely Alecat for your award.

Okay, the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you ~
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate 7 other bloggers & let them know they are nominated.


Hmm, it is always hard to come up with these things-
so am going to take inspiration from the lovely and talented Alecat :-)

1. I am an eldest child.
My poor younger brother
had to put up with a very dominant big sister.

2. Mum worked 12 hours a day
and we were a single parent family.

3. The school I attended for high school
was a total waste of time,
and I decided in year 8
that if I ever had children of my own
I would homeschool them.

4. I would love to do a Bachelor of Arts
but don't know if I could manage a degree,
my family and the kids homeschooling.

5. I am going to get a nice young male doberman
one day in the next few years
and train him in obedience and trial him and show him.
I would love to breed them
if I can find some as nice as my beloved old dog- Ari-

6. I am passionate about food and cooking
delicious healthy meals for my family and friends.

7. I feel so lucky and blessed
to be living my life, living in my home with my family
and living with the freedom to live our lives the way we want to.

I'd like to pass this award on to some amazing creative blogs
I have been gathering inspiration from in the wonderful world of blog
that lets me roam the globe at will.
I urge you all to go and have a look at what they are up to:

- Moon Bindery
- Sukipoet at paint, poems and ponderings
- Elisa at dreams between the worlds
- Dianne at Intuitive Painting
- Windbag and Thunder
- Jessica I have been living on your blog of late
gleaning lots of wonderful ideas
for the art history unit
the boys and I are doing at the moment
- Art Smarts 4 kids
- And one of my favourite places to visit,
I can't help but give another award to
the wonderful 5 Orange Potatoes



4 comments:

5orangepotatoes said...

Well deserving Louise! I am the eldest also, have 2 younger sisters; one is 2 years younger, the other one is 8 years younger. Getting a degree while homeschooling would indeed be difficult. I've always wanted to take some herbal courses, but shy away b/c of the time involved. One day I hope to do this.

Thanks for another award. Your comment about it made my day.

Have a great day...(evening).
lisa

Florence Forrest said...

Thanks so much for the award Louise. It's wonderful to be apart of the www of inspiration in the arts that blogging is. I'm haing a very intense personal time at the monet and won't be able toplay this time around but I'm very grateful to have been selected by you :) I really liked your number 7 on the list of things about you. That truly is a blessing. May your dreams come true.

xx

moonandhare said...

Hey, Louise, thanks for this lovely award! It was really nice of you to think of me :)

Barbara

Dianne said...

Dear Louise,
Thank you so much for the lovely award. It is really great to meet you, I love your blog, you sound like a really creative person and I am going to enjoy reading your postings!