We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Friday, October 2, 2009

BBQ Brie Pizza

We have had some wonderful news to soften the sadness of our week-

My Darling Husband (DH) has got a job in our local town-
Yipee!!!!
So we do not have to move :-)

And more exciting news, Mr10 has won a cooking
competion.
He had to send in his recipe and it had to be a BBQ recipe
He has won a BBQ and will be cooking his recipe on his BBQ with Ed from Better Homes and Gardens at the local
Bunnings.

He will be attending a 6 day art workshop next week-
Artsfest- and will be so tired by Thursday night, so I better look after him extra well this week and get him into bed early every night.

here is his winning entry.

Hello,
I love cooking and especially on the barby, I like doing sausages and steaks but my favourite is pizza, we live out of town so don't get to buy it much and it is quick and easy to do on the bbq.
Recipe
Dough
I make it in the bread machine, an hour or so before I want to cook.
water- 250ml
olive oil- 2 tablespoons
salt- 1 teaspoon
sugar- 2 teaspoons
bread flour- 450g
yeast- 2 teaspoons
BBQ Brie Pizza
1 batch dough
olive oil for brushing
2/3 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato pesto
1 small red onion finely chopped
8 cherry tomatoes- halved
250g brie- thin sliced
handful of basil if there is any in the garden
salt and pepper
Roll out the dough.
Brush dough with olive oil and place oiled side down on medium bbq plate- grill
Cook for 6-8 mins till firm and golden underneath.
Brush the uncooked side with olive oil and turn the pizza over
Mix together tomato sauce and pesto, and spread over the cooked side of the pizza, careful not to go too close to the edge.
Arrange the onion, tomato and brie on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Cook for about 10 mins till golden and crisp.
Sprinkle on the basil and serve.
This is delicious and can have any other toppings, as long as they are not too thick.


4 comments:

Kez said...

YAYYYYY! You get to stay with the fig tree!!!! Happy dance :)

Well done to Mr 10's winning a BBQ! How cool is that!

Anonymous said...

A big congrats to Master 10! Have a fun week. :)

Cath

keptwoman said...

That is spectacular news Louise!! I just couldn't imagine you off your property and living in suburbia.

I'm so sorry about Miss Meggy.

Sandy said...

I started following your blog from Magic Onions some time ago. I love the discoveries you do with the boys. It reminds me of growing up in the woods in Maine in America and also the exciting things we learned along with my clever son here in the UK. He is now 20 and doing physics and maths at uni! I expect your boys will be the same.
I was sooo sad about the dog. I know what it is like to lose your friend.
but I am VERY glad you are able to stay living where you are!
and well done MR. 10!

Sandy in the UK