We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Art of the Child




I am not the only artist who lives under the fig tree.

My big boy who is almost 10 has quite a talent.

He draws in the car on the way into town, he draws whilst he is waiting for his mother to finish things. He draws in his room, at the park, down the river.He loves to draw pirate ships and knights, he draws navy and army images and parrots and trees.And he paints beautiful birds, he doe not enjoy the process of painting as much as the instant results of drawing. He is fast and likes to achieve his goal quickly and easily.

He has won quite a few awards and prizes in local art shows over the years, and I hope he keeps doing his art, I feel like it is a healthy way for us all to process what is happening in our lives, or express our feeling.

Of course our little man likes to get into the paint as well, and he is very creative with his paint work- most of it is closely examined as he rubs it into his hands or arms of tummy! But he has produced some lovely canvases as well. But his pics will need to wait for another day

No comments: