We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Contemplating

As the year is moving towards solstice I am contemplating my life and what is happening around me.

My two best friends have both just found out they have cancer and undergone major surgery.This is just the start of a long and challenging journey for them both and for me as well. These girls are my rocks in the ocean that is my life. In times of rough sea's they are my safe harbour, and the sea's are pretty wild right now- in my safe harbour.

The world is in financial mayhem- the environment is suffering - and I am raising two members of the next generation- what will they have to inherit?

On the brighter side- my darling husband and life partner has just finished his third year of a four year degree in forestry. He is doing so fabulously well and just achieved 3 high distinctions and a distinction! Just one more year of him living away and only being at home on weekends and semester breaks, one more year of him being a part time father and husband, one more year of living with a stretched and fragmented family.one more year of living like a sole parent.

Our boys are growing and learning everyday.Our big boy is almost 10 now and is developing into a lovely young man. We are soon heading off for a little holiday up to Brisbane to celebrate- double digits! He has just finished a great year of homeschooling and has studied Ancient Rome, Insects, Mapping and Explorers and Animation this year as well as maths and english. Our little man has been growing and eating and growing and eating- it is amazing how much a little 5yo can eat.We are just starting phonics with him.

No comments: