We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A stroll through my garden

Here are a few snapshots of what is happening in our garden.

some new baby ducklings

some more baby corn with some of our ducks in the background


a beautiful echinacea flower in the herb spiral


our painted boots and some of our succulents


and walking back up the yard you can see the kids little pool, the paulonia wih the bird feeder and the shade cloth structure is sandpit downstairs and cubby house upstairs.

5 comments:

Pagan Rach said...

Gorgeous! Especially the bubby ducks!
Just looking at your boys' fave book lists on the sidebar- 'Are We There Yet?' we've just borrowed from the library, and Malachi loves 'Tough Trucks' in the Ant Parker ones (it's the only one we've got)- we read it so much I can practically recite the whole thing, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise,
It's great to read your blog! The more I hear of your lovely rural place - the more it sounds idyllic, restful and, I have to say ... pretty close to perfect! Congrats on setting up a great blog and your fig tree is amazing!

Love Debs

Louise said...

Rach, I can so relate to being able to recite the Ant Parker books, they are hand me downs from big brother and I could recite them back then, Mr5 thinks its amazing that I can read him his 'bednight' story even if he covers up the words and gives me a cheeky grin.

Louise

Hi Debs,

Great to see you here, you are very clever to find me.

xxL

Anonymous said...

Hi Louise!
I love the photos! Those baby ducks are just lovely.
I also noticed your bird feeders on the tree. Do you put seed/fruit in them, or just water? I imagine you must get some wonderful birdlife coming by. :) We're hoping to look at studying native birds a bit more next year, so if you have any books you recommend, I'd love to hear!
alecat

Louise said...

Thanks Alecat,

We have a birdbath on the ground, it is on a little stand and the bird feeders are recycled fan fronts, lined with an old piece of fly screen or shadecloth and hung up with some old pot plan hanging chains. They are great for our climate, all the rain just drains through so the birds don't end up with fermented porridge. We mainly feed out sunflower seeds and excess corn, sometimes large bird seed mix from the supermarket.

xxL