We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Cultural Expeience

As we live a fairly isolated lifestyle,
I like to give the boys as much exposure as I can to all things cultural.

So we visited the science centre at the Queensland museum for some hands on, interactive science. They both love science and Dad is doing a degree in environmental science, but too much science is never enough for my3 boys. (including Dad)

The tunnel was amazing but alas, I was not feeling very well so I did a lot of spectating and took the photos.

There were all sorts of different displays focusing on- the human body, the earth and space. They had talks and demonstrations and it certainly wasn't hard to pick the unschooled kids- they were the overenthusiastic kids who simply did not comprehend the concept of holding up their hands and waiting to be asked for the answer to the questions.




Next on the list was a visit to the Queensland Art Gallery
The boys are not as into art as their mother so they just sort of had to grin and bear it.





They liked this one as it was so big and they could imagine it at Hogwarts.






Next on our list was the Gallery of Contempory Art

Here the boys had a fab time
so much interactive stuff happening and lots of kids focus






No comments: