We are a creative homeschooling family of 3. I have homeschooled my 2 boys from the start and we do lots of unit studies and get out into our beautiful part of the world as often as we can.
As the boys are getting older and we are getting busier I find I am posting less about our journey but will continue to update occasionally.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cous Cous Salad

I am so loving this salad at the moment and it is such a fluid recipe-
I love to make a big bowl and keep it in the fridge,
it is a wonderful standby for the perennial-
"Mum I am starving, what can I eat?"
basically whatever is ripe in the garden-
the ingredients coloured orange are the essentials
the rest are constantly changing

cous cous- one or two good cup fulls when dry
(soak in the correct volume of cold water with stock powder,
salt and pepper and lemon or lime or orange juice)

a tin of chick peas
finely diced peeled and seeded cucumber
quartered cherry tomatoes
finely chopped basil, parsley or chives
finely diced red onion
finely diced celery
spring onion
avocado
feta
grated cheddar
cooled steamed asparagus
cool cooked peas

yum

No comments: